Crew Access Points:
1. Public Beach Access on Corolla Village Road directly across from the lighthouse: MILE 4.3
Directions: Drive out of the Whalehead Club Parking area on Club Road, Take a left on HWY
12 (main road), take your next right at the public beach access denoted by signage, Corolla
Village Road on a map. It is the same road that the lighthouse is on, just across HWY 12 on the
beach side. Park and walk down the sandy path to the beach. DO NOT DRIVE DOWN
THIS ROAD PAST THE PARKING AREA, YOU WILL GET STUCK. IT IS
ALSO ILLEGAL TO DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE ON THE BEACH BY THE
DATE OF THE RACE, PLEASE PARK AND WALK.
2. Crew Access at Corner of Albacore and Lighthouse streets: Park in Food Lion parking lot on
Albacore street and walk to access : ~ MILE 7.8
Directions: Turn left out of the Corolla Village Road Public Access (Crew Access 1) onto HWY
12. Continue until the first stoplight, make a left on Albacore Street. The Food Lion parking
lot is on your left, it does not open until 7AM. Outer Banks Coffee and Dunkin Donuts
are also in this parking lot FYI. Please park here and walk down Albacore street to the
beach. Once on the beach, if you make a left you will see Aid Station # 1. Feel free
to approach the aid station but please do not crowd or impede the progress of the
runners. Make sure you check out the historical remains of the Metropolis shipwreck here!!
3. Crew Access at Currituck County Southern Beach Access: MILE 11.4
Directions: From Albacore Street, take a left back onto HWY 12, head south until you pass the
blue Currituck Visitors Info sign on your right, then Bluewater Seafood and Old
Stoney Road on your right. Take a left after Old Stoney Road when you see the yellow
sign with a firetruck on it. The beach access sign is very difficult to see. Please park in
the designated parking spots and walk down the sandy path to the beach, again DO NOT
TAKE YOUR VEHICLE DOWN HERE PLEASE. There are public bathrooms at this
4. THERE IS NO CREW ACCESS AT Aid Station # 2 : MILE 16.5
***THERE IS NO PUBLIC BEACH ACCESS IN THE TOWNS OF DUCK AND
SOUTHERN SHORES. THIS INCLUDES AID STATION # 2 AND EXTENDS TO
AID STATION #3.***
5. Water Station: MILE 22
There is no crew access at the water station.
6. Crew Access at Byrd Street Public Beach Access in Kitty Hawk (AS #3): MILE 24.5
Directions : Take a left back onto HWY 12 from Currituck County Southern Beach Access
(Crew Access #3). Continue on HWY 12 south until you reach a stoplight with a BP
gas station on your left and a Rite Aid across the street. This is the end of Southern Shores.
Make a left at this stoplight to enter Kitty Hawk and the beach road. Byrd street access
is just ahead on the left, parking is to the right. This is Aid Station # 3.
7. Multiple crew accesses in Kitty Hawk at Fonck, Maynard, Bennett, Bleriot, Hawks, Balchen
streets with limited parking. Lillian street public beach access is ~ MILE 26.3
8. Multiple crew accesses in Kill Devil Hills with best access directly prior to Archdale street
with lots of public parking at ~ MILE 28.3. There are public beach accesses nearly every
other street past 5th street in Kill Devil Hills.
9. The best way to access the finish is to park at Sutton or Ocean Bay public beach accesses or
on East Wright street directly across the street from Days Inn Oceanfront.
Crew Packing List:
- Full tank of gas
- Chair or blanket for beach use
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Waterproof jacket with hood, other raingear
- Fully charged cell phone and car charger
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Extra food, drinks, water for your runner as needed
- Food, drinks, water for yourself and crew
- Race rules and regulations/reference material (emergency contact info)